The AAT (the professional body for accounting technicians) have recently published their 2013 salary survey. The key highlights were as follows:
- Women working part-time earn £4K more than men working part-time.
- Average salary in large companies (250+ employees) is 28% higher than small companies (1-10 employees).
- Those in the private sector are best placed to receive a bonus (37% compared to 21% of public sector and only 13% in the voluntary/not for profit sectors).
- 78% of those surveyed felt very secure in their current job.
- Most desired benefits include company pension, flexi-time and private healthcare.
NB: There is also a useful salary calculator on the above link too.