The REC’s August Jobs Barometer shows some interesting positive information for the economy and further tightening of the jobs market across the whole country.
Here are the main points from the recent survey:-
- Over one third of employers (36%) have no spare capacity.
- A net balance of 85% of employers plan to increase their permanent workforce in the short term and 75% of employers plan to increase in the medium term.
- A net balance of more than nine in ten employers (91%) are satisfied with the agencies they have used in the past 2 years.
- The proportion of employers taking measures to reduce the cost of their workforce (redundancies, headcount freeze, reduced hours or pay) has fallen from 33% in August 2013 to 17% in August 2014.
- 79% of employers use agency workers to provide short-term access to key strategic skills. This is the main reason given for their use of agency workers.
- 93% of employers are satisfied with the quality of candidates provided by recruitment agencies.
Here at Downtown Recruitment we are finding that the availability of candidates is tightening and job adverts are receiving lower numbers of applicants in Thame and the surrounding local area.